An orthopedic specialist is a highly trained and experienced physician who helps patients overcome musculoskeletal problems–either acquired or congenital. Not limited to sports medicine, orthopedic physicians assess, diagnose, and treat people of all ages, walks of life, and recreational pursuits.
Let’s talk about what your orthopedic specialist can do for you and where you can go in Palm Beach for outstanding orthopedic care.
Treat Injuries, Conditions, Diseases, and Malformations
An orthopedic specialist helps people through them along with symptoms that limit their ability to move and function independently. An orthopedic physician sometimes restricts their practice to non-operative solutions. Meanwhile, other bones and joint doctors treat just one or two body areas (hip and knee, for instance), degenerative conditions (such as arthritis), or chronic pain related to the spine.
Many orthopedic doctors concentrate on one area or subspecialty, such as hand surgery. Others have more comprehensive expertise, or more general knowledge and skills, as they deal with:
- Fractures, sprains, and strains
- Tendon and cartilage tears
- Nerve injuries and conditions, such as neuropathy and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint dislocation
- Osteoporosis and arthritis
- Lower back pain
- Scoliosis and other inborn musculoskeletal defects
Help You Manage a Chronic Condition and Recover from Surgery or Injury
An orthopedic specialist can improve your sports performance, but even more important is the physician’s ability to formulate a care plan that works for the long term.
Do you wish to have less trouble getting into and out of the car? Do you wish to postpone knee replacement surgery for a few years? Is fall prevention a priority now that you are in your senior years? Your orthopedic specialist will provide a comprehensive strategy to address those issues through:
- State-of-the-art imaging, such as digital X-rays, MRIs, bone density scans, and more
- Physical and occupational therapy
- PRP therapy (platelet-rich plasma therapy), pain-relieving injections comprised of the patient’s own platelets and their associated healing factors
- Spinal cord injections and lumbar/cervical radiofrequency ablation to relieve back pain without surgery
Perform Needed Reconstructive or Joint Replacement Surgeries
Surgery to correct musculoskeletal problems is not always the first and best choice to optimize health and function. However, when needed, an orthopedic specialist with additional surgical training can perform special procedures that restore independence, range of motion, function, and freedom from pain. These surgeries include:
- Fracture reduction
- Tendon and cartilage repair
- Hip, knee, and shoulder joint replacements
- Reattachment of fingers
- Carpal tunnel release
- Kyphoplasty for compression fractures of the spine
- Arthroscopic surgery (small incision knee and shoulder repair)
Personalized Orthopedics of The Palm Beaches
With six board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic specialists on staff, you can find the musculoskeletal treatment plan you need–whether or not you are an athlete. We make sure all our patients experience the optimal care they deserve.
If you are concerned about an orthopedic condition and desire a step-by-step plan for wellness, contact us for a consultation with one of our specialists: (561) 733-5888, or request your visit by filling in an online appointment request form. We will get back to you quickly.